Thursday, June 9, 2011

City Siege 2 Review



In the continuation of the City Siege Franchise by Podge you find yourself commanding another ragtag group of soldiers trying to rescue the cities civilians from some evil army bent on . . .? Regardless, you hand pick and train your soldiers in a variety of specialties to strategically remove the threat and save the V.I.P.’s oh, and a few others as well.

Art/Graphics: .5/1
Not much of an advancement over the original in the art department, it’s essentially the same. There’s nothing wrong with it, just nothing new.

Interface/Controls: 0/1
I don’t like the jumping physics, a little pressure on the key and your soldier goes sailing through the skies. I think there should either be a way to adjust the sensitivity or just put less sensitivity in the sprite responses period.

Music: .5/1
I like heavy metal and rock but the tempo doesn’t match the tempo of the game-a bad fit all around. At some points in the game play it becomes downright distracting, but I like the music itself, thus the half point score.

Story/Plot: .5/1
There really isn’t one, but I enjoy rescuing the civilians and the corresponding cash bonuses.

Enjoyability/Replayability: 1/1

I like City Siege 2. The game play is fun enough and the variety of characters to pick for your team and the multitude of ways to utilize them makes for nearly unending game play and replayability. High marks for this category!



All in all it’s a fun play and loads of time can be wasted on it. I’m bumping the score a half point for that reason. I really enjoyed this game and look forward to further installments. Total score: 3/5

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment